Thursday, May 15, 2014

Losses&Blessings

My heart both breaks&sings today.
My dear friend, Katie, lost her mother this morning
...far too soon&suddenly...
and her pain tugs at my core as I remember the closeness of her precious family
and the warmth&love her quiet&peaceful mother always showed anyone she encountered.
Katie&Jeff even chose their wedding date based on it's relevance to her parents' wedding date.
I can't even imagine the inconsolable aches that will follow this passing
and I can only hope she'll embrace the best of memories and wrap herself inside them during this terrible time.
And while Susan's soul left its earthly body, my beautiful&amazing friend, Christine, gave birth to her first child.
Baby Ryan was born in the early afternoon at a healthy 8lbs&1oz with 5fingers&5toes and the most handsome face.
It's days like these that remind me that we are never given more than we can handle.
Losses&blessings surround us in life and our reactions are what define us.
I'd like to bottle this emotional energy for the next time I let the littlest thing get to me
and remember that events of much greater significance are happening all around the world
so I should appreciate what&who I have and cherish the memories I'm still able to make.
Thursday, you've knocked me down and built me up.
And so it goes.
Katie's adorable family christmas photo
christine & joe's perfect baby ryan

1 comment:

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You by: Kyle McCarthy On Sale 6/23/2020 Talk about self-destruction! Rose is probably one of the most annoyin...