Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Good Girls Lie

by: J.T. Ellison
⭐️⭐️⭐️


This book disappointed me.
It started off so strong - an all girls boarding school with secret societies and a tainted past set in the mountains... what else could I want? But once the new girl gained popularity (a montage I could totally see playing out in my head like a movie scene) it slowed way down and got kind of boring.
The writing style was beautiful, though, with a lot of incredibly detailed scenes that sucked me right into the energy of the Goode School, but I felt like the twists were predictable, pretty anti-climactic, and overall unbelievable. The book just seemed to drag on once the murder/suicide/accident finally happened. And I didn’t really care for any of the characters - spoiled rich girls, creepy handymen, and overindulgent adults... hard to sympathize with.
I also felt like it flipped between narrators far too often and I found myself confused as to who was talking and what they were talking about with all the overly-vague suspense.
As far as thrillers go, it’s got the right setting and the right feel to be an enjoyable read, but it just didn’t do it for me.
Also: major trigger warnings for teen suicide.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You by: Kyle McCarthy On Sale 6/23/2020 Talk about self-destruction! Rose is probably one of the most annoyin...