Thursday, January 3, 2013

The Envoy

.Best Christmas Gift Ever.
On the anniversary of Bunni’s death, I spent the day with her dad. When I pulled in his driveway, her Envoy was sitting in front of the garage. My stomach flipped in excitement because I’d thought he’d gotten rid of it during the summer when he got himself a new car. Though we’d discussed him offering it to me before selling it, I figured he’d just done it anyway and I had to get over never driving “her Envoy” again. But, there it was. Parked under the basketball hoop and sparkling on the gray day. I excitedly walked passed it and entered the house – calling out “I thought you got rid of the Envoy” on my way through the door. “Oh, no no. I told you I’d tell you if I ever decided to.” He proceeded to tell me about the employees and friends he’d let borrow it and we got some laughs out of how many people love the Envoy. And we went on with our night. The next morning – over coffee&cigarettes – he told me: “It’s yours when you decide to take it. I’ve always known I’d give it to you and it’s finally time. Merry Christmas.” So, finally – after getting a new license plate, title transfer, and insurance registration – I’ve gotten the Envoy all to myself. It makes me so happy to drive her around. No matter where I go – I feel that I’m exactly where I’m supposed to be.
Me: “You’ll never fully understand how happy I feel right now.”
Bunni’s Dad: “I believe you were the only one on earth that would truly appreciate it.”

1 comment:

  1. must be nice to have everything handed to u for free, no actual bills like rent or a car payment... whereas most adults in the real world actually are grown and pay for their own shit instead of mooching off everyone else to get things for them... and you're obviously delusional about being spoiled and ungrateful. no wonder you arent happy. lol

    ReplyDelete

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You by: Kyle McCarthy On Sale 6/23/2020 Talk about self-destruction! Rose is probably one of the most annoyin...