Monday, December 31, 2012

Last Game

The last Lion’s game of the season was a memorable one – not because we lost (no surprise there) but because my brother and his buddies came in from Chicago. He’d gotten me a new jersey for Christmas and I was pumped to wear it – though I had to take it off when we were losing in the 4th quarter… can’t jinx a new jersey by wearing it through a losing game.
Mr.U&I met them at Loco's prior to the game then headed back to the Greektown Hotel so the guys could change into their silly game-day outfits. Once we got in line at the stadium, Bears fans from every direction were yelling “Da Bears!” at our group – a point in the day that was certainly not Mr.U’s favorite. And in our seats, which were conveniently in the same section, we passed around smiles&beers throughout the game. After the loss, we headed to Detroit Pub for food&drinks. Of course – I had too many, got emotional, and needed to head home early. Before that mishap, though, it had been a pretty good day.
I guess the biggest thing about that day was my realization the next morning that I need to control my drinking better… getting drunk and crying is annoying – especially when the things I’m crying about happened over 3 years ago. New Year’s resolution to Never Do That Again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You by: Kyle McCarthy On Sale 6/23/2020 Talk about self-destruction! Rose is probably one of the most annoyin...