Sunday, April 13, 2014

Mom's 50th Surprise

My mom turned 50 this past week and my sister-in-law helped me plan a Surprise Party for her.
We found a nice restaurant called Salt & Pepper Pub in Holland, MI with a private room for 30 people
and Chelsea created some adorable decorations for the quiet dinner celebration
including mason jars lined with patterned paper filled with dowels holding old pictures
and a framed piece of chicken wire displaying more photos.
She also put together a cute banner and a chalkboard with stats from 50 years ago.
My main contribution was the cake, which I ordered from Holland Cakery right next door to S&P.
Since I knew cake would be my mom's favorite part, it had to be incredible and it definitely was.
.Almond Cake with Raspberry Filling and Butter Cream Frosting.
Though she didn't want a party at all, I think she was genuinely surprised and happy with the event
and I'm pretty sure my sister-in-law had a lot of fun creating things while off on maternity leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You by: Kyle McCarthy On Sale 6/23/2020 Talk about self-destruction! Rose is probably one of the most annoyin...