Sunday, April 20, 2014

Zoo Date

After brunch, Elise&Erica joined me at the Detroit Zoo.
Bunnyville was going on for Easter Weekend,
so we made a food donation and joined the herd of children at the zoo.
Luckily, most of the little ones were entertained by the Bunny-themed festivities,
so we were able to enjoy the animals with a bit more peace.
First we walked through the butterfly & bird gardens in a beautiful domed building.
There must have been something in the air, cause all the animals were sleeping
and - oh my goodness - it was so adorable.
The grizzly bear was passed out on his back with his paw over his face.
The lions were spooning and the tiger had found a nice spot in the shade.
The animals that were up&about were so wonderful, too.
I forget how much they take my breath away until I find myself at a zoo again.
The zebra hung back away from the fence, but the stripes were still incredible.
The giraffe awkwardly tucked his back legs and plopped down on the ground for grass.
And the big-bodied rhinos wandered side-by-side through their area.
My knees were hurting me, so I didn't walk through the kangaroo exhibit,
but from the back side of the fence I could see the girls walking past the sleepy lil animals.
Before leaving, we got snacks - a pretzel for Elise, dip-n-dots for Erica, & cheese popcorn for me.
Then we started our journey back through Royal Oak to the car
stopping first for the skirt, shoes, & ring I'd bought and the clock Erica had found.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You by: Kyle McCarthy On Sale 6/23/2020 Talk about self-destruction! Rose is probably one of the most annoyin...