Monday, April 2, 2012

the HandGrenades

This weekend Mr.U&I went to the CD Release Party for one of his highschool buddy’s bands: The HandGrenades.[cd: The Morning After] The venue was this grungy bar called the Magic Stick in Midtown with eclectic decorations and a billion trendy hipsters. Let’s just say Mr.U didn’t really fit in with his Redwings hoodie, but we were there to support a friend and enjoy each other’s company, so it didn’t faze our out-of-place selves.
The band was a wonderful mix of indie-pop-rock with a touch of motown&retro influences – the perfect combination for my British Invasion swayed ears. I’m all about local flare, so dancing around to funky music created by those born&raised in the Detroit atmosphere was a lot of fun for me. And Mr.U stood beside me with a beer&smile while I bounced&nodded.
And all around excellent experience for our first, real nighttime outing in the downtown of our new home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You by: Kyle McCarthy On Sale 6/23/2020 Talk about self-destruction! Rose is probably one of the most annoyin...