Monday, June 3, 2013

Florida Vacation

I love Florida.
I know some people probably think that a "big vacation"
to Florida isn't very exciting,
but I've missed the sunshine state since I left two years ago,
so I jumped at the opportunity
to go back to the resort I'd taken Bunni to in 2008
and take Joe to Disney World for the first time.
Though there was quite a bit of rain
at random times throughout the week
we definitely enjoyed pools&bars&amusmentparks.
We made friends with one of the resort bartenders
after spending three nights watching the Redwings playoffs
and drove the resort staff crazy
staying in the pool past closing, drunkenly riding the shuttles,
stealing range balls, and smuggling glass bottles.
Joe&Jan&Mar&I spent one day conquering Disney World
and Elise&I spent one day exploring Universal Studios.
(primarily Harry Potter World, which was all that I'd expected.)
Cateline&Elise&I got some good outlet mall shopping in
and Horv&Matt&Erin&Joe&I gorged on Cici's Pizza Buffet
after ditching the pool mid-rain-storm.
It ended up being an excellent vacation...
despite some minor&initial hiccups
with good straight-shot drives there&back.
With every vacation
I realize more&more how amazing my best friend is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You by: Kyle McCarthy On Sale 6/23/2020 Talk about self-destruction! Rose is probably one of the most annoyin...