Sunday, March 19, 2017

Kona Weekend

I was able to check another state off my list this past weekend when I was sent to Kona, Hawaii on call! The flight was delayed by 6ish hours, so the actual day leading up to my journey was a bit irritating, but eventually I made it.

My goodness, it was beautiful. The first night we got in, one of my crew members asked if I wanted to get a St. Patrick's Day beer, so we wandered down this little strip of shops and bars with outdoor patios overlooking the ocean to find a good spot. We settled on a place called Humpy's with a huge wraparound, second-floor deck and each got a Kona Brewing Company beer, before heading to bed after the long day.

The next morning I woke up to see the sunrise then took a nap before going for a long walk around town right next to the ocean. I did some souvenir shopping and found an ornament for our Christmas tree and a magnet for our fridge. Then I headed to lunch with a crew member at Kona Brewing Company, where we both enjoyed a pineapple IPA and some chips with hummus & guacamole.

It was a quick trip, but the weather was incredible, the town felt so laid back, the beach was beautiful, and the people were friendly. I was able to tackle the business class galley on a wide-body plane for the first time and I certainly can't complain about a last-minute, unexpected trip to Hawaii!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You by: Kyle McCarthy On Sale 6/23/2020 Talk about self-destruction! Rose is probably one of the most annoyin...