Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Birthday Lost&Found

Mr.U’s birthday in Philadelphia was quite the adventure. After a small family gathering with an Italian feast and drinking games, the ‘youngsters’ decided to hit a bar down the street called MadMex.
tequila&beers were flowing

the boys were competing for chugging-ability-bragging-rights

family surrounded each other on the bar stools
It was a great, great night of celebration after a long&exhausting day of driving&checking-in to the hotel. I’d proudly proclaimed myself “The Responsible One” when Mr.U’s mom asked who wanted the 2nd room key. But in our drunken stoopers, my key was nowhere to be found upon arriving back to the hotel after birthday celebrating. From the next morning’s stories, we learned that Mr.U had found his way in and left his cousin&me on the curb – waiting for him to open our door. He’d furiously emptied his wallet to prove he’d been room-key-less and attempted to pass out on the floor. Once the laughter had subsided, though, we all inquired “…where is the roomkey…?” In my purse. That wasn’t in the room. I spent the morning worrying about finding it – hoping it had been left in our DD’s car. When I found that it wasn’t, I called the bar. After a quick trip to the lost&found, the server excitedly informed me that my purse was there. Mr.U&I immediately drove to pick it up. I opened my empty wallet – not surprised that the money was gone. After getting over the loss and deciding to be grateful that I at least had my belongings back, I unzipped a normally unused inside pocket of the purse. There, tucked away, was my money and giftcards. I must have hidden them from myself (and anyone who may have dug through my wallet before returning the purse). What a lucky girl I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You by: Kyle McCarthy On Sale 6/23/2020 Talk about self-destruction! Rose is probably one of the most annoyin...