Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day

Mother’s Day was at my mother’s mother’s home this year. We had all the favorite dishes – potato salad&baked beans – and some new goodies – fruit salsa&cinnamon chips that Mr.U&I had helped create the night before with my cousin at grandma&grandpas.
When we woke up in the morning we couldn’t find grandpa. He’d barricaded himself in the cream living room – putting together the race track for all the grandkids.
Too cute.
The house was put together with all its spring details – salt&pepper shakers, homemade bows, fresh flowers, & intricate serving trays.
I love days with my family. Sitting around laughing – eating too much – enjoying a little sunshine. It’s hard just to live 3 hours away from them these days… after grandpa’s health scare, I wouldn’t mind spending all my time at that old, farm house, watching him complete silly, little projects. If I had to head back to my far-away-home, though, I wanted a family picture to remember, so I forced the family onto the front porch, set up the tripod, and snapped a few good shots – one of which now hangs by my desk at work.
I’m lucky to get to look at them every day now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You by: Kyle McCarthy On Sale 6/23/2020 Talk about self-destruction! Rose is probably one of the most annoyin...