Monday, May 7, 2012

Disappearing Act

I’ve said this before. It’ll always be true. Sometimes: I fall off the planet. Most times: for no reason except to disappear for a bit. I forget that I like to be social – that I have people I love to hear from – that my friends&family deserve my attention – and I simply fade away. Rarely do I intend to – I don’t thrive on the abandonment of others. But still, I tumble into an antisocial hole until something catches my glance one day and brings me back to the surface.
I don’t know if I feel like surfacing yet.
new home – new job – new surroundings
…a boyfriend to snuggle&distract myself with…
I find myself indescribably content sprawled out on the couch with a diet A&W and a good book to read. I nuzzle into one shoulder and forget the existence of all other shoulders. I tell my stories to the one I’m next to then put them in my memory bank. I suppose others would like to hear them. Well, actually, I know so. But I remain inside my nearly silent bubble.
I’ll be in there till it pops.
If you need me – know that I’ll wake up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You by: Kyle McCarthy On Sale 6/23/2020 Talk about self-destruction! Rose is probably one of the most annoyin...