Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Bleach&TieDye

I’ve been in a very crafty mood lately. I attempted to clean my closet out and simply couldn’t get rid of anything, so I decided that I need to make the clothes-I-own the clothes-I-love. Since I also don't like spending money on "trendy clothes," that means some of them need some tweaking.
(I’ve also decided, I need to wear every single item in my closet once before I can ever wear anything again.)
So, I took this pair of ugly pants one of my cousins gave me and sewed them into skinny jeans then did this wild dye job on them. TheBaby told me about this dying technique where you put Elmer’s glue on fabric before dying it, so the places with glue don’t dye… creating a pretty sweet design, which is where the stripes on the left leg came from. With that, I dyed them dark blue, then –after rinsing – I rubber-banded them up and bleached for about 3 hours to white-wash them. May have been a day-long project, but I absolutely love them now and can’t wait to wear them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You by: Kyle McCarthy On Sale 6/23/2020 Talk about self-destruction! Rose is probably one of the most annoyin...