Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Dave

Syd&I went to a Dave Matthews Band Concert last night. I've never been to a DMB concert, but I've been to a concert at the same venue - DTE Energy Music Theater - before and I really love the outdoor space under the ski hill. We got to the show and realized we didn't have bottle openers for both the wine&beer we'd brought in the car, so we reverted back to our 16-year-old selves and improvised on opening them ...laughing so hard at our parking lot struggles. Finally, we got out and wandered through the rain into the show, stopping for beer&snacks before heading inside. As we walked up the hill toward the stage, a rainbow shot through the sky. "Bunni's at DMB tonight." I said quietly while smiling and snapping a pictures. As she show  went on, the clouds turned dark, and the rain continued through sunset, but the spirit of the event seeped through the air - making the rain seem so insignificant. I took off my shoes, closed my eyes, and danced to the music. At one point, I felt a pair of lips on mine - Bunni's brother had found me in the crowd and smiled huge at me as he walked back to his seat. What a reminiscent night to enjoy. The band was honestly amazing - so fun&lively with lots of lights&instruments - and we stayed until the very end. Getting out of the muddy field DTE calls a parking lot was quite the challenge. Everyone was getting stuck - including us - and the drive home through flooded streets seemed surreal, but - in the end - the late Tuesday night was well worth all the effort.
Wine Bottle Struggles
Rainbow&Clouds
Big Screen&Encore Time
Huge Croud&Wild Lights
Instruments&Lasers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You by: Kyle McCarthy On Sale 6/23/2020 Talk about self-destruction! Rose is probably one of the most annoyin...