Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Goodbye, Friend.

The world lost a wonderful man tonight.
Just more proof that life is short
and shouldn't be taken for granted.
I talked to him just a week ago
and he seemed to feel fine...
...told me to come out and visit him.
Now I'll never be able to do that again.
RIP, my handsome friend.
You fought a hard fight
and I hope you're comfortable now.
Save a spot for me up there
cause I miss your hugs&smiles already.
And tell her "hi" for me.
I know she's waiting for you
.with open arms - a bottle of captain - and good memories.
A quick memory of mine:
our first extended weekend together
was long&fun and all the way in Canada.
Our condo was full of crazy moments
and you were so protective&exciting.
We slammed shots and hopped in the shower
- ran around naked - fell down - laughed too hard -
experiencing everything to its fullest.
Rarely do I feel so comfortable so  quickly.
You were my buddy from then on.
When the village didn't understand my love for her
you refused to judge and embraced us instead.
And when she left, you ached for me.
And now, I ache for you.
From that ski weekend to our last text...
you, sir, have impacted my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You by: Kyle McCarthy On Sale 6/23/2020 Talk about self-destruction! Rose is probably one of the most annoyin...