Thursday, July 11, 2013

Tigers' Sunset

Last night some of my sorority sisters met downtown for a Tigers game. We kicked the evening off with pitchers of beer and deep dish pizza at Pizzapapolis in Greektown then walked over to the park. Our seats were great - right behind the bullpen - though the sun shone right in my eyes with my lack of sunglasses. And we got to be on TV, which was pretty awesome. While Benoit was warming up, we all held our "Vote Benoit" signs up and shouted in the background of the camera shot. My silly BFF was on top of her anti-athletics game loudly questioning, "What's a BEN-Oh-IT?" ...the fans in front of us thought we were a pretty hilarious group of girls.
Once the sun went down and the Tigers won, we wandered over to Hockeytown for balcony drinks&dancing then went back to Pizzapapolis to pick up our left-overs and let Joe drive us home.
I woke up confused&cold backwards on my bed with three of my favorite girls asleep on my sectional couch ...using sweaters as blankets cause our wasted-selves had passed out unprepared. Slowly, we got ourselves together and had a giggle-filled drive back to our cars in the morning. I had to survive a miserable day of work with boozy-breath and a throbbing head, but the evening with my sisters was well worth it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You by: Kyle McCarthy On Sale 6/23/2020 Talk about self-destruction! Rose is probably one of the most annoyin...