Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Finding Her

I’ve been having crazy dreams lately.
Last night – I was looking for my bunni. I had a party at my grandparents’ house out in the country and I had a few too many drinks, got in Betty, and drove off down the country roads – determined to find my bunni. I “woke up” in the morning of my dream world and my dad was making breakfast. He gazed at me with tired, sad eyes and asked, “How often do you do that? Get drunk and think she’s still here?” “I don’t have to be drunk, dad, I look for her all the time.” I bit into one of my dad’s wonderful egg sammiches and contemplated in my dream … remembering the desperation of peering through my headlights into the darkness of the cornfields, hoping to see my bunni coming running toward Betty&I.
Sometimes I wonder what my dreams mean … why I’m looking for her … why she pops up in the middle of my sleep … what it means that sometimes I can’t find her. Is she trying to tell me something? That she doesn’t want me to find her? That she’s gone somewhere she can’t be found? Is she trying to tell me to stop looking? I guess it doesn’t matter. I’ll always miss her and love her and with I could find her again. I’ll always search for her face in crowds and relate so many of my moments to the ones I had with her. I just hope my next dream is one with her beside me – holding my hand – and allowing us to be bunni&I for a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You by: Kyle McCarthy On Sale 6/23/2020 Talk about self-destruction! Rose is probably one of the most annoyin...