Monday, September 26, 2011

Commitments

I over-commit myself to people and places far too easily. Moving back to my old neighborhood, I got so excited to make plans: see everyone, do everything. Impossible. Thus, I ended up feeling a little guilty that I didn’t end up playing with my precious little nephew or having a card session with my grandparents… I didn’t make it to the local pub on Friday night or to the Institute of Art for the public tour on Sunday afternoon… but, despite the missed moments, I thoroughly enjoyed my rainy weekend snuggled indoors drinking skinny lattes and conquering a 7-part Harry Potter marathon. Sure, I’ve got some more cleaning to do in my new home – I’ve got some trips to make for family time – I’ve got some pennies to pinch after all that takeout food, but some weekends need to be spent this way and I’m trying to get over my “over-involved” complex in order to embrace the idea that some plans can be cancelled and some moments can be missed without negatively effecting any part of my life.

1 comment:

  1. ... and sometimes, the moments you capture and the memories you make instead, are just as good :)

    ReplyDelete

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You by: Kyle McCarthy On Sale 6/23/2020 Talk about self-destruction! Rose is probably one of the most annoyin...