Friday, September 30, 2011

EggsAllDay

.I.Love.Eggs.
I’m not sure who came first
– the chicken or the egg –
but, though I don’t eat chicken, I’m very happy they both exist.


My "gay exboyfriend" made me a delicious egg creation one summer morning after a late bar-night of dancing. Spiced up and lounged out on a piece of delicious whole-grain toast, we enjoyed the meal together on his front porch in AA.One hung-over morning at the Westfall house, I was gifted with a fresh pot of coffee, scrambled eggs with cheese, and toast.A friend & I went to an odd little IHop Diner in Florida. They didn't have breakfast burritos, but we convinced the cooks to build them for us anyway. Salsa, sourcream, potatoes, egg, and cheese in a shell. So good.
My grandma made me poached eggs as a healthy option one Saturday morning to enjoy with our coffee. Mushed up on some multigrain bread with some spicy seasoning was a new & delightful experience.
I recently stayed the weekend with one of my guy-friends to attend a wedding and for breakfast he made me “Eggs in a Window” – he put a hole in a piece of toast, put it in a frying pan, then cracked an egg inside the hole. A pretty delicious, all-inclusive, open-face egg treat if you ask me. Fried potatoes & ketchup were a perfect addition.
My personal favorite, though, is my very own “Egg Sammich.” I spice it up with meat & veggies depending on who I’m trying to woo at breakfast time, but in general I basically make a grilled cheese with a fried egg inside. So good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You by: Kyle McCarthy On Sale 6/23/2020 Talk about self-destruction! Rose is probably one of the most annoyin...