Wednesday, September 28, 2011

ErrandGirl

I have a love for running errands, but only at impractical hours for most people – like 5am – because I want to road-rage on idiot drivers and throw canned food items at absent minded grocery patrons during “practical” hours.
Yesterday, though, I had unavoidable errands to run after work...
I made it to the bank at 4:59 – 1 minute before close – perfect. Got in&out of my parents house in a half-hour with everything I needed (besides my remote control – again). Picked up my newly framed painting (finally – fuckyou, HobbyLobby, for taking so long to finish it). Filled up the Blazer with gas. Threw my nephew around for an hour at my brother&sister-in-law's. Hopped on the highway for my last destination before home.

Did I mention it was down pouring this entire time?

So, I text[and drive] that I’ll be a half-hour early.
(errands = going extraordinarily well)
Response: I completely forgot – I won’t be home till late.
I asked this individual if I could stop by a week ago.
(me = not a happy girl)
So I started my irritated drive home with limited visibility… slowly convincing myself not to be angry. I’ll simply count my blessings from the almost-entirely-successful-errand-trip and pat myself on the back for not being that selfish&inconsiderate.
I’ll have to remember this occasion next time I tell someone I’ll do something then think about bailing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You by: Kyle McCarthy On Sale 6/23/2020 Talk about self-destruction! Rose is probably one of the most annoyin...