Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Back In Action



I’m not a competitive person – mostly because I hate to mess anything up and I hate to lose – and while growing up in a competitive family, laying low was easier. Thus, I don’t compete. No competition – no failure… right?

Since moving back near my family, though, my grandparents & cousin have conned me into an addiction to the card game “13.”

Lucky for me: I’m on a winning streak.

Last night was the first game back since grandpa’s open-heart surgery. I itched for his evil snicker at a good hand and ached for his backhanded congratulations during every moment he endured in the hospital. And, though I still kicked his butt, I kept the excitement to a minimum.

Obviously, its not about the card game or who wins, loses, or throws the biggest fit. But – like I said – lucky for me: I’m on a winning streak.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You by: Kyle McCarthy On Sale 6/23/2020 Talk about self-destruction! Rose is probably one of the most annoyin...