Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Alumnae Status

I didn’t have the best ending to my undergraduate, sorority career.
Thus, I never really cared about the chapter once I left.
Didn’t want the newsletters, though I was never offered them.
Didn’t want to go visit the house, though I wouldn’t have anyone to see.
Just didn’t want that taste in my mouth.
But I always knew that I’d want it again.
I always considered local chapters in thinking of places to move.
After so many years as a leader to my sisters...
...being an advisor would be wonderful.
Well, today, my chapter put itself back in my life
and
I’d have never been able to guess how happy it made me.
For some odd reason, I decided to check my e-mail spam
and
there it was: an e-mail from alumnae relations.
A newsletter.
An intvite to alumnae day.
A smile I’d never expected crept onto my face.
– my chapter –
– my house –
– my sisters –
– my events –
– my memories –
I didn’t realize today would be the day I’d start to miss it all again.
But it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You by: Kyle McCarthy On Sale 6/23/2020 Talk about self-destruction! Rose is probably one of the most annoyin...