Monday, August 13, 2012

Dough Masterpiece

Doughnuts will forever remind me of my grandparents.
– The classic Hinkles cream-filled we enjoyed –
– The powdered sugar mounds from the U.P.’s Marquette –
– The sugary sweetness of those discovered on Florida’s Gulf Coast –
So, the other Saturday when I woke up craving doughnuts, the first people who popped into my mind were grandma&grandpa who would happily join me on my DownRiver search for a classic doughnut shop with homemade goodness. After three stops, I found Dough Boys and the diner-like curb-appeal immediately assured me I’d found what I wanted. I walked in and inhaled the glorious scent of doughnut, eyeing the wall of wracks filled with creamy, frosted masterpieces.
Since I wasn’t sure exactly what I wanted, I ordered three from the roly-poly man behind the counter and raced home to dig in – combining my favorite parts of the three (cream filling, chocolate frosting, and apple cinnamon topping) to create the definition for my craving.
Then devoured it.
And loved every second of it.
And sent my grandparents some pictures – wishing they were enjoying the indulgence with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You by: Kyle McCarthy On Sale 6/23/2020 Talk about self-destruction! Rose is probably one of the most annoyin...