Monday, March 5, 2012

Muscles&Blocks

This past weekend Mr.U&I and his Buddy&Girlfriend got up bright&early Saturday morning to drive to Columbus, OH for the Arnold Sports Festival. The boys were beyond excited as we filled our bellies with a yummy Tim’s breakfast and I climbed into the driver’s seat for the 3-hour trip. The girls – yeah, we were excited in our own way. Being the fan of health&fitness that I am, I looked forward to discovering new things… and we were all excited to see the glistening muscles of the body builders and conquer the challenge of nabbing as many free supplements as possible. But, I have to admit, I was more enticed by the architecture of the city than the protein&creatine filled booths.
After hours of shuffling through the crowds, all 4 of us were in need of a break and a nice, big lunch, so we went to this sweet refurbished warehouse-turn-market and all found our own special food craving – I enjoyed a delicious dish of Indian food – before heading back for a few more hours of booth bouncing. And we all agreed at the end of our second round that we’d gotten our money’s worth of free goodies.
I must say, though, that the next day was the highlight for me. While Buddy&Girlfriend sat in the front row of a seminar with Arnie Himself, Mr.U&I took in the city. I was shocked to discover the amount beautiful buildings that were actually empty and unused – reminiscent of Detroit, only much more well-kept. But I still loved all the details. Massive clocks, tiny alleys, eclectic mixes of brick&stone puzzle-piecing the city’s façade together. I can never get enough of old, character-filled buildings. And exploring Columbus was just what I needed on a brisk Sunday morning.
Mr.U got his MuscleFest in and I got a visual mindfuck in a brand new city. Can’t complain.

1 comment:

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You by: Kyle McCarthy On Sale 6/23/2020 Talk about self-destruction! Rose is probably one of the most annoyin...