Thursday, March 15, 2012

Prepare to Ride

I’m sure it sounds super morbid, but I’ve been trying to prepare myself for the worst with my grandpa – even though he’s had 2.5 good days in a row now. I don’t want my hopes to be soaring high then crash to the earth and shatter if the Lord decides to take him. But, I’ll admit, that my attempt to convince myself ‘I’ll be alright’ proved failing last night as I drove home from dinner with my cousin.
A text from my dad had put me on edge. Why did he want me home? What did he need to say? What didn’t I want to hear? My stomach knotted and my eyes welled the entire route. When the news was good – I burst into tears anyway. Assuming the worst sets me up in advance to accept the things I must – but, obviously, I’d rather my assumptions be wrong.
Successful dialysis and breathing on his own this morning – my family surrounding him to ensure he wakes up calm&comfortable. I currently wait at the peak of the roller costar anticipating the upcoming St.Patty’s Day celebrations.This is one of my grandparents’ many Christmas ornaments.
The little radio gives a news bulletin about Santa being “spotted over head.”
It reminds me of waiting to hear the “Grandpa Updates” right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You by: Kyle McCarthy On Sale 6/23/2020 Talk about self-destruction! Rose is probably one of the most annoyin...