Thursday, March 1, 2012

Weekend Pet

After concretely deciding to move in together, Mr.U&I had about a day of “let’s get a puppy” talk. We googled different breeds, discussed pros&cons, and gushed over floppy-eared pictures. Then we dogsat the CashMonster. Don’t get me wrong, I love my brother’s dog to pieces and he’s been trained absurdly well, but even the most well-behaved pet needs attention and Cash, the biggest baby on the planet, needs it in your face, on your lap, and in the middle of the bed all the time. I don’t blame him – he is adorable&loveable… and he knows it. He cocks his head in confusion when told “no” and the little glimmer of defeat in his eye makes you take back any harsh tone. At one point, I woke up from a nap and he&Mr.U were both passed out at my feet on the sectional – a sight I’ll admit I’d love to wake up to again someday. But, for now, we’ve realized that we don’t have the time or attention span for an animal – especially one that would need to fit perfectly into my obsessively-clean, well-behaved taste. So we enjoyed our weekend as puppy parents, then went home to our pet-free life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You by: Kyle McCarthy On Sale 6/23/2020 Talk about self-destruction! Rose is probably one of the most annoyin...