Wednesday, March 14, 2012

What Crêpe?

This past week I had a job interview on “the East Side” and intentionally planned it for Friday so I could visit with some friends in the area afterword. I’m hoping&wishing for this job to come through so I can spend more time with all those I’ve missed and wanted our Friday night on the town to be simply preview of the life I’ll soon be leading.
So, anyway, RickyBobby wanted to take me to a restaurant called What Crêpe?just blocks from the business I’d interviewed with. There was a short wait when we got there, so we sat on a plush, little couch in the entrance and got drinks to sip before eating. The menu was interesting – there were sweet crêpes or savory crêpes pre-designed to chose from or a build-your-own-crêpe option. Since I didn’t want a crêpe with meat or cheese, I built my own vegan crepe with fire-roasted tomatoes, red pepers, olives, and vegan truffle sauce. It was a nice change-up meal and pretty tasty.
Whether I was in love with the food or not, though, I definitely dug the inside of the restaurant. It was teeny – probably only seating about 15 people at a time – with mix&match tables, chairs, plates, silverware and eclectic artwork covering the dimly-lit walls. Exposed beams&vents complimented the rich, wood floors in a mesh of vintage&industrial and the bathroom was like a secret nook with stones in the sink basin for a soothing atmosphere.
I look forward to exploring more of the area – if I get the job!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You by: Kyle McCarthy On Sale 6/23/2020 Talk about self-destruction! Rose is probably one of the most annoyin...