Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Silent Updates

These ups&downs in grandpa's updates are killing me.
one day he’s better – the next he’s worse
one day he’s gone – the next he’s back
It’s frustrating to be so far away with so much uncertainty.
Yesterday, we got great news that they removed the pump in his heart and it was beating on its own. He’s also reduced from 100% oxygen to 40%. I texted my grandma – who’s begging me not to accept the job I have a 2nd interview for this Friday in order to come&care for her&gpa – that every single ounce of my love is in Florida. “I can’t wait to tell him that.” She responded and I burst into tears. Her hope gives me hope.
But everyone’s hope makes Mr.U ache. I was frustrated by his simple&subdued responses to my “Grandpa Updates” …then I stopped and thought about it. Six years ago on St.Patty’s Day, he lost his dad to cancer. He’s been through these ups&downs – more often and longer than I’ve been worried for grandpa – and his roller costar ride ended at the bottom. The last thing I want to do at this time of year is make him upset, so I’m trying to direct my worry elsewhere and focus on making Mr.U’s St.Patty’s Day 2012 wonderful. Beer – Brownies – Burritos for all who come to celebrate the holiday with us.
With grandpa’s kidney dialysis today, though, I’m still definitely worried.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You by: Kyle McCarthy On Sale 6/23/2020 Talk about self-destruction! Rose is probably one of the most annoyin...