Friday, February 24, 2012

Pitcher Night

One of my favorite bars in college was this smoky, hole-in-the-wall tavern called Waldo’s right across from the university’s track. They have pitcher night every Thursday and Vodka Cranberry’s were my specialty. I spent my 1st Bar Night back after bunni’s death in the basement surrounded by the brothers of Delta Chi, my senior bar crawl hunkered down in a booth with my sisters carving “AlphaO loves DeltSig” on the table, and my 22nd birthday throwing up in my own lap next to my brother on the back patio. Countless Friday mornings were spent suffering from a Waldo’s Thursday night in my hangover letters. I’ve never not enjoyed my time there, though – whether or not everything ran smoothly.
So, last night, #bff&I decided to take her DJ out for his first Waldo’s experience. I’ll admit that most nights there are completely blurry in my memory, but we showed up basically sober and I got to soak in my surroundings. Carpet on the walls, coins between the wood table and its glass top, cracked plastic pitchers full of any mix drink one’s little heart desires… I love it in any state of mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You by: Kyle McCarthy On Sale 6/23/2020 Talk about self-destruction! Rose is probably one of the most annoyin...