Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Subdued Suggestions

I’ve been treated quite poorly by a few people over the past 5 years of my life. Not just friends taking advantage of me either. I’ve been stalkedkickedharassedshoved – had my privacy completely invaded and personal items stolen. I’ve listened to voicemail after voicemail of insults and deleted text after text of hideous, hurtful comments.
Yet that’s exactly how I attempt to “deal with things” – erase them. I’d rather cut a person out than drag up the drama. I’d rather keep my personal life private and downplay the issues than spew my problems out to all my friends. Unfortunately, though, this only minimizes the severity of my pain to those around me. Since I don’t showcase my emotions and the trauma that I’ve felt, it’s assumed that my frustrations aren’t worth anyone’s worry.
I never plan to change the way I deal. I don’t like to tell everyone everything that someone’s done to hurt me. I don’t want to replay the issues and make sure everyone hears the nasty things I’ve gone through, but it would nice if people would take my subdued emotions to heart instead of assuming that my lack of publicity means they can be ignored.
It honestly hurts me to have friends who hold on to people who’ve hurt me. I understand those friends haven’t been hurt themselves and that I’ve not given every detail of the awful things I’ve been forced to experience alone, but isn’t it enough to realize that I am hurt and it's probably for good reason. I just don't think I should have to relive to make others realize.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You by: Kyle McCarthy On Sale 6/23/2020 Talk about self-destruction! Rose is probably one of the most annoyin...