Thursday, February 23, 2012

Processed Preservatives

Though I’m not a practicing Catholic, I enjoy fasting for Lent. So throughout Fat Tuesday I contemplated what I planned to give up. Barbie’s giving up hot chocolate – which she drinks daily – and ice cream. I tend to eat a healthy diet as it is, though, meaning to give up something like ice cream would be silly for me, because I only eat it a few times a year.
Thus, I decided on “processed foods.” And I guess I should have recited a definition because everyone – especially Mr.U – finds the fast to be mindboggling. Basically, I intend to give up food with preservatives and focus on foods who’s main ingredient match what the item “should be.”
Example: Natural Peanut Butter – the only ingredient is peanuts. No, peanut butter doesn’t form in nature, so it is technicallyprocessed” but not with preservatives and artificial sweeteners. Anything I make myself from “scratch” is technicallyprocessed” but I know what’s inside it.
Also, I emphasize foodswine&dietcoke are not foods. Catching on?
So yesterday – Ash Wednesday, February 22, 2012 – I started Lent. I honestly don’t feel this will be too difficult, but, we’ll see. I’ll have to give up my Nature Valley granola bar addiction…

Good Article

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You by: Kyle McCarthy On Sale 6/23/2020 Talk about self-destruction! Rose is probably one of the most annoyin...