Monday, February 20, 2012

Unexpected Changes

I won’t be making this morning commute for too much longer. After over a month of waiting to hear if I’d be hired full-time for the temporary position I currently fill, my boss informed me last Friday that they’ve chosen another candidate.
Blindsided.
I’ve been training in the role for over 5 months.
But, I suppose it isn’t a complete surprise. I don’t exactly “fit in” with these women and I know catty-female-politics play more of a role than the actual abilities of employees, so I’ll count it as a blessing in disguise that I can search for a job I’ll enjoy for both the requirements&coworkers.
I can’t say I didn’t panic, though – almost threw up at my desk and asked to take a half day – but I saved the anger&resentment until I’d left our informative meeting. As her eyes welled up with tears assuring me it had been “the hardest decision” she’d ever made (which I believe to be complete bullshit) I blankly stared at her: emotionless. None of them deserve to know what’s going on inside my head.
I’ll finish out my next 5 weeks and look forward to my future with Mr.U. A move across the state, a job hunt in a brand new town, and a home to make our own is what will truly make me happy in the end anyway. (and, I already knew that this outcome was what he’d been secretly hoping for.)

1 comment:

  1. omg!!

    We need to catch up :(

    I can't live off stalking your blog for much longer ;)

    love you <3

    ReplyDelete

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You by: Kyle McCarthy On Sale 6/23/2020 Talk about self-destruction! Rose is probably one of the most annoyin...