Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Clubs&Mirrors

I turned on my phone yesterday to a text: “I miss you.
Compliments of my #bff.
I miss her, too.
Less than an hours drive away and we can barely find time for each other.
Two years ago at this time we’d be spending day after day in my big&warm president’s room watchin' movies and munchin.'
I miss those days so so so much.























This weekend at ArtPrize one of the stops was at the Women’s City Club in downtown Grand Rapids. A bunch of older, nicely-dressed women in a big, beautiful house with a chef and a fully stocked basement bar. I jokingly asked the two women outside selling warm pastries&drinks if I could join and they quickly told me about their dues&requirements. I was awkwardly excited at the concept of joining a women’s club.
I miss the camaraderie of organizations of people simply enjoying each other’s company.
I’d settle for a full 24 hours with my #bff for now, though.























...and just as I'm dreaming of clubs&organizations, Mr.U proposes we become members of the Henry Ford Museum. I'm sold...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You by: Kyle McCarthy On Sale 6/23/2020 Talk about self-destruction! Rose is probably one of the most annoyin...