Thursday, September 20, 2012

Missy&Bunni

I wish last night could have lasted forever.
Only I prefer the 4-Years-Ago version, but I’ll take either.
Bunni must be feeling neglected lately because she been stalking my dreams&thoughts. Yesterday morning I woke up from a BunniDream to hear Missy Higgins singing softly through my computer speakers. This lead me to look at her website. The top tour date listed was September 19, 2012 at the Crofoot Ballroom in Pontiac. My heart almost stopped. This is the exact same venue Bunni&I saw Missy at during the summer of 2008.
(at first I had my days mixed up and thought I’d missed it, but still felt happy that Bunni had reminded me of the concert… then about 3 hours into my morning I realized that it was actually the 19th and I hadn’t missed it!)
Quickly, I texted Bunni’s brother to ask if he’d like to join me for the concert and he quickly agreed.
We danced in a blue spotlight while drinking VodkaRedbulls and floating through the clouds – rocked&swayed to the powerful beats&lyrics. Eventually, we moved to the place Bunni&I had stood four years ago – the place where she wrapped her arms around me and told me she loved me for the first time during “Warm Whispers.”
Standing back in ‘our spot,’ I couldn’t wait to hear ‘our song’ and when she finally played it, my whole body went numb. I asked my baby to wrap her arms around me again – hold me up, keep my knees from buckling, warm me from the inside out, and stabilize my soul. And, of course, she did. I felt incredibly calm&eased while Missy whispered the tune – like the clocks had rolled back and time was standing still in a moment when Bunni&I were so fresh-young-inhibitionfree … completely&utterly in love.
Sadly, the song had to end, and reality seeped back into my world. But I’ll forever hold on to the first time (and now the second) that Bunni&I stood at the Crofoot Ballroom listing to Missy Higgins’ “Warm Whispers.”
On a funny side, Bunni’s brother was loving all the lesbians in the crowd – a group on the patio made him an “honorary lesbian” for the night and he thoroughly enjoyed taking all the snuggly couples in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You by: Kyle McCarthy On Sale 6/23/2020 Talk about self-destruction! Rose is probably one of the most annoyin...