Friday, October 12, 2012

Absent Fondness

I'm beginning to realize that the friends who live the closest to me are the one's I keep in touch with least.
It's frustrating.
I understand that people have their seperate lives - just because the distance doesn't span too far, doesn't mean the friendships or ideas of fun all match up... but sometimes it would be nice to get a little more effort from the people closest to me.
I know that it's a two-way street.
And I know that I try to at least stay informed.
I know that I can ask for the details on anyone's weekend plans, but it'd be nice to be invited instead of informed later.
I guess that's why I always get worried to say "no" to people, cause it seems like once you say "no" a couple times, the invitations stop.
If I turn down a Saturday night at the bar, I must never want another Saturday night at the bar.
If I'm out of town for an event, I must never want to join in on another weekend.
If I didn't once, I never will.
Not true.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You by: Kyle McCarthy On Sale 6/23/2020 Talk about self-destruction! Rose is probably one of the most annoyin...