Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Candy&Costumes

This year was the first Halloween in a neighborhood with trick-or-treaters and I was overly excited to hand out candy all night. Mr.U stopped the night before and bought bags of goodies for the evening and I figured out a quick costume to wear for the kids to enjoy. I paced around the living room when 6pm rolled around.
– porch light on, front door open, bowl full of snickers&peanutM&Ms –
I didn’t realize how much I miss chit-chatting with children (like I got to do every day in Disney World) until the little mosters&fairies showed up with their pillowcases&buckets. I crowed down on the porch in my Minnie Mouse costume (complete with ears&slippers) and complimented all of their precious outfits.
I spotted a tiny zebra a few houses down and squeaked up the stairs to Mr.U in excitement of how adorable they all were. And a little toddler dressed as a monkey was too shy to say “thank you” but sneakily blew me a kiss as his mom carried him off.
It was such a fun&exciting evening ...and so different from drunken, scantily-clad Halloweens of the previous years. And, since I was never a trick-or-treater as a child, it was a great experience to finally have (even if it was from the other side of the doorstep.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You by: Kyle McCarthy On Sale 6/23/2020 Talk about self-destruction! Rose is probably one of the most annoyin...