Friday, October 19, 2012

FanForLife

I’ve had a love/hate relationship with the Detroit Tigers this season.
The frustration of highs&lows made me throw my hands up in the air, shake my head, and scream at “our boys” – especially after the win-streak of July died down. But, come September, this team won me back over entirely. I’d listened daily for 5 month to 97.1 the Ticket on my commute
…took in all the callers...
...put my two scents toward their opinions...
...learned more baseball stats&strategies than I ever thought I’d know…
and poured my heart into the pennant race we found ourselves in.
Last night, as Prince caught that final pop-fly for the out and Coke threw his hand in their air & glove on the ground, I realized I was involuntarily jumping up&down, screaming at the top of my lounges, and tearing up over the Tiger’s American League Championship. Mr.U calmly sat in his recliner with a doofy smile on his face and we both watched the players’ celebration in excitement&amazement.
Ilitche’s adorable speech
Leyland’s outward showing of his obvious Tiger love
Delmon Young (who was admittedly not my favorite all seasons) winning MVP
Verlander dancing around behind Cabrera’s interview
I couldn’t get enough of the post-game.
It’s absolutely wild: the energy an athletic event can give an entire town. I honestly think I could feel the positive aura from Comerica all the way in our home 20 minutes away and my heart broke a little that this team I’ve fallen so completely in love with can only play 7 more games until April. I’ve always been in love with our Lions&Wings, but I’m wrapped around the Tiger’s finger now, and I can’t wait till next Wednesday.
We’ve got it, boys.
We’re going to the World Series and we’re going to kick some serious ass.
And I will be your loyal fan for the rest of my days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You by: Kyle McCarthy On Sale 6/23/2020 Talk about self-destruction! Rose is probably one of the most annoyin...