Monday, July 16, 2012

Bunni's Saturday

I spent Saturday afternoon with bunni’s dad – just like old times.
We had mid-morning coffee and snacked on fruit&beandip before leaving to visit the graveyard. We stopped at the nursery on this way to pick out flowers to plant (a much more difficult task than we’d expected – wandering
down aisle after aisle of flowers) then sat at bunni’s grave digging a hole for the flowers and smoking cigarettes – a perfect way to spend the sunny afternoon in my opinion. “she was so beautiful.” I said. “even with that sly smirk of hers.” he responded and we both giggled down at the picture adorning her headstone. We went back to the house and got in the pool before nestling down in our designated chairs and turning on the Tiger’s game - smoking and drinking coffee. Around the 8th inning, we started on our signature stir-fry dinner and enjoyed that till the Tiger’s sadly&finally lost in the 13th inning. I went in&out of her room – as usual – using her bathroom and grabbing one of my bathing suits from the dresser.
I always find myself looking through the same drawers, gazing at the same trinkets, resting my hand on the same bed – even though it never changes, it’s kind of a ritual I have. A comfort to exist in her presence – our presence – the room we slept in so many summers ago.
I headed out to meet some friends without having time to watch a movie or spend the night like I had in the past, but it was a pretty great day in one of my favorite places.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You by: Kyle McCarthy On Sale 6/23/2020 Talk about self-destruction! Rose is probably one of the most annoyin...