Monday, July 9, 2012

Parking Sense

Some people were clearly&entirely overlooked when common sense was passed out. Example: this morning, I pulled to the top level of my parking structure – as I do Monday through Friday – and parked in the same spot I always do. As I turned the car off, a parking-person pulled up next to my car and motioned for me to roll down the window.
you can’t park here.”
why not.”
we’re power-washing the top level today.”
you should post signs.”
they’re everywhere.”
I haven’t seen one.”
you’ll see them in the stairs.”
well that doesn’t do me a whole lot of good now, does it, since I will be parked and out of my car by the time I walk down the stairs.”
I guess not.”
So I drive down to the 3rd level, park, and walk to the stairs.
Sign: Structure Levels will be washed between 10pm and 6am Monday and Tuesday. Do not park on Roof or Levels 2&3 from 10pm-6am on Monday. Do not park on Level 1 from 10pm-6am on Tuesday.
Considering that it was midmorning on Monday, I didn’t understand why I couldn’t park on the roof in the first place, but I figured I’d move from the 3rd level, too, since the signs seemed to be incorrect. Of course, the first floor was full – and those spaces that weren’t taken were reserved for “short term parking” and “small cars only.” So, I pulled into a “small car only” spot to turn around which immediately triggered the pay-station man to sprint out, waving his arms, and yelling that my jeep is NOT a small car.
Thanks, buddy – I had no idea.
After driving the wrong way through the structure and turning around one more time, I finally found a spot between the Levels 1&2 hoping it’d count as fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You by: Kyle McCarthy On Sale 6/23/2020 Talk about self-destruction! Rose is probably one of the most annoyin...