Sunday, July 1, 2012

Comfortable Conversation

I got to enjoy red, Spanish wine and great conversation with an old friend from last summer last night at the beautiful, organic house he was staying at outside a quaint, sea-side town on "my side of the state." We talked about lovers, music, moving, society, writing, history, our old office… we talked about everything. We pretty much could always talk about anything. There’s an ease about conversation with him that’s always made me comfortable and instantaneously open up. And one of our ranting, hysterically-laughing, laying-it-all-on-the-table times has definitely been missing from my life these days. It’s hard to move to a new life and new job with unfamiliar surrounds and people. And it’s even hard to move with someone – especially someone who’s completely in tune with the place you feel so foreign to. So it was nice to gain some insight&perspective – spill my thoughts with an old friend. It was nice to hear his stories – hear his updates – learn things I’d been completely unaware of.
It was nice.
It’s always nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You by: Kyle McCarthy On Sale 6/23/2020 Talk about self-destruction! Rose is probably one of the most annoyin...