Friday, July 6, 2012

Dunes Run

When I was little, vacations to the Upper Peninsula had to include a walk across the sand dunes next to the Au Sable falls. I felt like it was a million mile journey across the dessert when, in reality, it wasn’t that far.
This year, my brother, his girlfriend, and I took our newest young person (PartyMom’s daughter) to the dunes. Instead of trekking across the whole landscape, though, we took the shortcut past the falls and ran up&down the big dune that ends on the Lake Superior shoreline.
My brother was determined to jump off one of the many cliffs, so – after some coaxing – he finally took the leap.
The drop looked much scarier than it actually was.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You by: Kyle McCarthy On Sale 6/23/2020 Talk about self-destruction! Rose is probably one of the most annoyin...