Monday, November 5, 2012

Construction Birthday

This weekend was my nephews 2nd Birthday. I can’t believe it’s been a year since his last party … I mean, I know mathematically it makes sense, but time just seems to be flying by. Last year was Barn Yard themed and this year, my cute&creative sister-in-law went for a Construction theme. Starting with the yellow&black invitation we got in the mail, I knew she’d put together a wonderful, Iittle party.
Hopping out of the car, we were greeted by CashMonster and some cautionary construction signs on the front door of the house. Inside, the island was set with an invitation to “Dig In” to
Nuts&Bolts chex mix
the Sandwich Construction Station with deli meats&rolls&spreads
and “Screw Mac&Cheese” with fun noodles.
The cake was a Construction Site masterpiece topped with heavy machinery and edible rocks (some of which had very unexpectedly interesting flavors).
My little nephew wasn’t so fond of sitting still to open gifts – but he gave it his best effort and excitedly appreciated all his new toys&clothes&books. He also (and obviously) had no trouble hamming it up for his audience either – bursting into cheesy laughter and showing off his little belly while all eyes were on him. At one point he got upset when some of his new gifts were moved to make room for more presents and my brother thoroughly impressed me with his ticktacks to stop the crying …allowing him to sit on his lap and examine himself in the flipped screen of the video camera.
One things for sure: that little 2-year-old loves his mommy&daddy, never wanting to lose sight of them in the crowd of guests all there to love&spoil him. And it’s a great sight to see an adorable little family growing up so beautifully - and him getting so smart&entertaining.
I am – hands down – the luckiest aunt in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You by: Kyle McCarthy On Sale 6/23/2020 Talk about self-destruction! Rose is probably one of the most annoyin...