Thursday, November 15, 2012

Unknown Reactions

You can never definitively know what you’d do in certain situations.
You can think of options
…claim a passionate stance on one reaction vs. another…
take for instance the reaction Aria’s mom has
in Season 2 of Pretty Little Liars when Mike’s depressed
and hits her to get her out of his room.
She chooses to hide the violence from her husband,
which irritated me because I felt that if he was depressed
he’d need guidance&help
instead of enablement of the issue by ignoring the problem.
I blurted out my opinion
…then thought about it…
I should have gotten her help
when she became violent in her depression.
I should have told people how bad she’d gotten.
I should have done anything but accept&ignore it.
I knew she was hurting
and
I should have known her actions were a cry for help
…in one way or another…
and should have done something about it.
I can say so easily now that I’d help or say something
that I’d fight for someone’s mental health if they were acting out
that I’d see the signs&symptoms
and
never let anyone slip away again.
 
But I guess that’s not so true
because some people I’ve backed away from
and taken the hint that they cant&wont take my help.
I supposed if someone actually falls completely apart again
I’ll have to deal with my own conscious.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You by: Kyle McCarthy On Sale 6/23/2020 Talk about self-destruction! Rose is probably one of the most annoyin...