Monday, November 12, 2012

Favorites Weekend

This past weekend I made the long 5ish hour treck across state to visit one of my best friends from college. Her and her husband, Mr.&Mrs.Jones got a new puppy, JuneBug, that I had to meet. And I was in desperate need of some Chicago bar time with my favorite Chicago girl. I got in late Friday night. We had some drinks, some other goodies, some crackers&cheese, and watched Hugo. In the late-Saturday-morning we headed out to my favorite spot - the Pick Me Up Cafe - for drinks&brunch. We played with the puppy all afternoon and napped on their big, puffy couches until I headed into town to meet my brothers&sister-in-law for dinner at the Grand Lux Cafe. Afterwards we made Oatmeal Creampies and laid around some more before getting ready for a night out at Timothy O'Tooles where my sister-in-law&brother met us after the Bulls game. I've never really "gone out" with my sister-in-law, but I've always had fun with her when we've gotten chances to go Antiquing&ArtHopping. Thus, I was probably a little too eager to hang out with her in downtown Chicago. We squeezed in enough bar stools to enjoy some appitizers&drinks late into the night - laughing about silly stories invoving CashMonster and my nephew. It was a great great time. The next morning, none of us felt too hot, so we lounged until we found the energy to make breakfast and turn on the Sunday afternoon football games. I finally decided to start my long drive home as the sun was setting. All in all it was a wonderful weekend filled with booze&treats, friends&family, puppies&sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You by: Kyle McCarthy On Sale 6/23/2020 Talk about self-destruction! Rose is probably one of the most annoyin...