Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Paper Memories

My mom gave me a box of stuff I’d left in Betty the last time I was home and I finally sorted through it yesterday.
I have a habit of saving all receipts&cards&papers from before 11.24.09 and obviously the contents of Betty were a direct reflection of that. I looked through the crinkled&fading items and couldn’t help but smile at the memories they evoked.
A receipt from the weekend after my 21st birthday made me smile the most. We’d gone to Metrothe only ‘gay bar’ in Kalamazoo – and downed a bunch of booze&barfood in the middle of the day and simply enjoyed each other’s company. We’d had a rough couple of months… and we’d just lost one of our dear friends to lupis… so we attempted to make sense of it all – including our relationship that’d been failing&falling apart. We had a way of slipping back into our groove very easily, though, and that day was no exception. After months of ups&downs, we sat on grungy barstools and giggled like the downs had never happened. I was staying on campus that summer as an orientation student leader and I had to be back before the curfew I’d agreed to abide by, so I wandered inside and she followed close behind – breaking a rule by spending the night.
But that’s what Bunni&I did:
broke rules and made each other happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You by: Kyle McCarthy On Sale 6/23/2020 Talk about self-destruction! Rose is probably one of the most annoyin...