Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Family Tree

I got a facebook message from a sorority sister recently – one who I’ve never met, but is part of my “family.” She’s making a Family Tree for her grandlittles and wanted my line to add to the list. So I drew her a quick tree and sent on the picture.
It made me miss things...
the people…
the days when our “greek connections” were enough to form overpowering loyalty…
the days when “taking a little” meant becoming a mother-figure and feeling genuine pride&accomplishment in the “baby” I’d adopted…
the days when my Bunni was there – with her own crazy littles – and our biggest worries were what we wanted to drink that night.
I mindlessly wrote the names.
Read them back.
And ached.
Everything changes, but the Family Tree remains…
and younger sorority generations who’ve never even met us will have our names written on their memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You by: Kyle McCarthy On Sale 6/23/2020 Talk about self-destruction! Rose is probably one of the most annoyin...