Monday, November 5, 2012

FriendshipFrustration

I've complained about this friend before.

We grew up together.
She always had everything...
the must-have toys
the most expensive clothes
the affection of everyone.
She went to an expensive university
(that I'd introduced her to)
- on her parents dime -
met a tall-dark-handsome man in a coffee shop
who married her within a year
(in a wedding I was left out of for other high school friends)
and worships the ground her tiny body walks on.
She immediately got her dream job after graduation
and got pregnant with their first child
whose development was captured

on the professional grade camera
she's got for her 'photography business.'
Now that he's arrived
I get to hear comments about how 'huge' her 5'1" 100lb body is post-pregnancy.
Since I was moving across the state on her baby shower weekend
(and was only invited via facebook message)
I figured a small gift this weekend would be sweet
since she'd informed me her little family would be in our home town
and she expected a visit.
Mr.U&I planned to unnecessarily spend the night in town to see them,
but at 6am, I got the texts that she

"hadn't slept enough and wouldn't be good company,"
so we'd have to raincheck till the holidays.


I was hurt.
She's made a lot of hurtful&neglectful gestures over the years
and this was the icing on the cake.
I've gone out if my way one too many times without reciprocation
and I don't know why I allow myself to keep hoping after all the letdowns.
So the Lions socks we planned to give baby will go to Mr.U's new cousin
and I'll see my childhood friend & her family when she makes a little effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You by: Kyle McCarthy On Sale 6/23/2020 Talk about self-destruction! Rose is probably one of the most annoyin...