Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Silent Thoughts

I know that I've successfully shut myself off
when I wake up and realize
that I haven't spoken to anyone in days.
I distract my mind with a million random "other things"
and
shut in all messiness that's trying to seep through my thoughts.
This month gets me.
I know - I know - we all know
...
sometimes I'm sure I can hear the world telling me:
shut the fuck up and get over it already.
I'd rather not hear it out loud from anyone
though
so I'll lock the door to my mind
-
keeping everything out of reach
from those who'd roll their eyes in irritation.
But just because my mouth is shut
doesn't mean I'm not aching.
And just because my face is strong
and
my eyes are blank
doesn't mean what's behind them isn't melting.
I'm sure November will forever feed on my soul.
And I'll survive.
But a part of me breaks away
and
holds itself within this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You by: Kyle McCarthy On Sale 6/23/2020 Talk about self-destruction! Rose is probably one of the most annoyin...