Monday, January 9, 2012

Canvas Deals

Last Friday afternoon I discovered that Micheal’s was having a half-off sale on their wrapped canvases. If you paint, you know that canvases are pricey – so I was pumped to get to Micheal’s and pick some up. I had a couple projects in mind and a game plan for two, large canvases… but, when I got there, my heart latched on to the biggest canvas they had. I stood in Micheal’s for far too long contemplating before finally talking myself down from the excessively-large-canvas ledge. When I started my project, though, I just couldn’t take my mind off the huge one. Mr.U (eager to please) convinced me to go back and get the one I wanted the next day. Unfortunately, we couldn’t fit it into his Jeep. We stood in the freezing cold January air of Micheal’s parking lot contemplating. Just as I’d decided to give up, return it, and get the other (normal sized) one back, he put his foot down. “You want this canvas. It makes you happy. We’ll figure out how to get it home.” 3-hours and 1-round of “Let’s Make a Deal” later, he’d helped his roommate move a 250lb gun case in exchange for the usage of his truck. The canvas literally takes over my queen size bed – and I love it.His reward: a naked Charlie Batch bent over the living room couch.

1 comment:

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You by: Kyle McCarthy On Sale 6/23/2020 Talk about self-destruction! Rose is probably one of the most annoyin...