Monday, January 30, 2012

DoorMat

I’ve never been good at standing up for myself.
– I hate confrontation –
– I hate to offend people –
– I hate to call any negative attention to myself –
So I tend to left things slide (then bitch about it all the time to someone else – unfortunately for Mr.U: usually him) and not mention what I really want.
I feel as though I’m always the friend who’s compromising for my other friends.
I end up dealing with a dirty mess, complete lack of space, or meal I’d never chose to eat.
I pay to see movies that don’t interest me in the slightest or pack away the things I want to ensure I’m not intrusive.
It’s frustrating.
And it hurts me sometimes when I let myself realize that I’m being walked-on.
Mr.U has a special talent for pointing it out and telling me to stand up for myself.
But I still can’t convince myself that a drawer in the fridge or a Starbucks instead of Bigby is worth raising my voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You

Everyone Knows How Much I Love You by: Kyle McCarthy On Sale 6/23/2020 Talk about self-destruction! Rose is probably one of the most annoyin...